Where Writers Meet

 "I've been following that thread too. I belong to a writers group and one of our members is currently trying to get away from CB. She's been locked in a contract with them for almost 4 years now, due to them taking a full year to release her ebook. They haven't done any promotion, and there weren't any sales for a couple of years. It's only thanks to another publisher that has promoted some of my friend's other titles, that she now has a readership, and the book with Champagne, is finally starting to sell because of it. But that's not all. Champagne has threatened her with legal action if she joins the AW forum and tells about her experiences. She forwarded me all the correspondence with CB, and if she gives me the okay, I will share it on the AW thread. My friend is also puzzled as to why some CB authors have been released from their contracts, and others, like herself, have not. This would seem to be somewhat unfair behaviour on the part of CB. I'll keep you posted."
http://wherewritersmeet.proboards.com/thread/2181/champagne-books